Create an account

or

Thread Best CPU to Run Audio Aplications

• 10 replies
  • 8 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Best CPU to Run Audio Aplications
Hi everybody,
This is topic for you and everyone who wants to helps tellingand (if possible) explaining why:

Which CPU is better to run a dedicated audio system, with sequencer, virtual synths, sampler, etc..??

Give your hand

Aurelio.
Show first post
An AMD 2800 actually clocks at 2.09 GHz. It compares in average power with the 2800 Intel chips for most applications. Clocking speed does have an advantage in video applications because the higher clock can feed the video better. I suspect this is also true with audio. The AMD processor is strong in multitasking and running several threads at the same time while the faster clock of the Intel chip can feed external sources better. My desktop computer is an AMD 2800 and it has more program power than my notebook computer with an Intel 1700. The Intel Pentium M 1700 runs circles around the AMD2800 on video tests. The AMD wins on everything else. Yes, the AMDs consume more electricity. My AMD 3500 does video editing without a glitch. My old AMD2200 is being used for my Firebox mixer and Cubase and Adobe Audition. I believe the AMD2200 and motherboard are not up to par for this job. I do not know where the problem is at. If I upgrade I will go with Intel unless a very powerful AMD is priced right. For audio and video I would go by the actual clock speed and not the comparable speed based on application strength.