Create an account

or

Thread help needed for equipment

• 11 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 5 followers
1 help needed for equipment
Hi,

I work on a pc ( windows 7) with several audio software. This computer used to be a graphic design computer and thus a beast of a machine.
Graphic means calculating which basically eats up power. 3 graphic cards are linked together. This beast works fine but is getting older and all the fans (12 of them) are starting to make noise. A lot of noise.

I was searching through the net for an apple machine because i want to get rid of windows ( serveral reasons but the main thing is win 8. I hate it ).

But checking out several machines i got lost.
I have no apple experience ( no phone, no computer and even no mediaplayer)
So i got lost i therms and technical information. I know you can't compare pc and apple but the apple specs seams so low.
Low amount of internal memory, lower processor speeds.

I have no idea what to look for.
What is good and what is bad. What am i looking for and what do i have to avoid so that i can work with it for a few years.

My wish goes out to a laptop model
But not necessarily.

Who of all you readers can help me out by guiding me through the wonder world of apple.

Thank you

-Angelie

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...

[ Post last edited on 11/16/2014 at 06:55:16 ]

Show first post
Hey Mike,

I noticed that drive after my post.
But some people said it doesn't work on a imac others said it does so we are back where we started.

This afternoon i got a call that i can use an imac. It had an i7 onboard, 4 usb3 and 2 Thunderbolts. It costs 1800 euros and if i like it after 2 weeks of testing i may buy it.
If this machine is not what i'm looking for i may return it whitout any questions.

So i'm a little girl with a giant smile on myface right now

This machine specs are:

type ME088N/A
EAN 0885909791958

With a 27 inch screen which is something different than 2 19" wide screens

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...

[ Post last edited on 11/20/2014 at 10:35:06 ]

Cool. Those 27" screens are really nice. Good luck with your migration to the Mac world. Once you get used to the differences in how the operating systems work, I think you'll be very happy on the Mac platform.