Image Line Announces Edison v2.1
Image Line Software has announced that Edison has matured into a sample editing and recording tool and is now available as a VST plug-in and a new standalone version (in addition to the native FL Studio plug-in format).
The program is no longer part of the 'Juice Pack' plug-in suite, and will be sold separately.
Edison loads into any mixer track (VST effects slot) and then can record or play audio from that position. It is possible to load as many instances of Edison as your host can contain. Parallel or chained instances of Edison are all possible.
- Convolution Reverb effect: This is designed to allow Edison to 'borrow' impulses from very expensive hardware or real spaces, to create an identical reverberation as the original space or hardware (with the particular settings used).
- Blur Tool: To smear sound.
- Equalize Tool: The user defined envelope can be precisely shaped and then applied to the waveform, tweaked and reapplied until the EQ goal is achieved.
- Time Stretch / Pitch Shift Tool: This allows the pitch and formant of the sample to be altered independently.
- Loop Tuner: This can "loop the unloopable", according to Image Line, removing clicks, pops and beating along the way.
Key Edison Features:
- Optimized for sampler use (sampler region, seamless looping).
- Drumloop slicing (auto-slicing, slice manipulation).
- Quick drag&drop support (between instances or to your sequencer/other plugins).
- Various recording modes (start/stop with host, on audio input, can also work as transparent audio logger).
- Time manipulation (time stretching/pitch shifting, scratching).
- Effects: convolution reverb, blur, linear-phase equalization, ...
- (Pascal) scripted manipulation of waveforms.
- Control surface support (FL Studio 8 version).
Pricing & Availability
Priced at $99, Edison is available for Windows XP/Vista in standalone, FL Studio and VST formats. A demo version is available.
For more info, check out the Image Line website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- PG Music Band in a Box 2009 Updated PG Music has updated Band-in-a-Box Version 2009 to Build 282 (Beta).
- Antares Systems Auto-Tune EFX Shipping Antares Audio Technologies has announced that Auto-Tune EFX, Real-Time Auto-Tune Vocal Effect and Pitch Correction Plug-in, will now be available at authorized Antares dealers around the world.
- Toontrack Drumtracker Shipping Toontrack Music proudly announced that the all-new sound-replacing tool from Toontrack is now shipping.