< Tous les avis Reason Studios ReCycle 2.2
Reason Studios ReCycle 2.2
Reason Studios ReCycle 2.2
mooseherman mooseherman
Published on 06/06/09 at 13:35
Were there any compatibility issues?
There weren't any compatibility issues when I was installing ReCycle.

Is the general configuration/setup simple?
The setup of ReCycle is confusing at first but it is easier if you understand waveforms and can identify where each beat is in the loop you are working with.

Is the manual clear and sufficient?...
The manual gets pretty hairy at times, it's easier to have somebody teach you how to use it. Fortunately that's how I learned how to use it.

Are the typical functions easily accessible?
The basic functions of ReCycle are pretty easy to access. There isn't a lot of backtracking and changing settings involved with using the program.

Does the software work correctly in this configuration?
The software is designed to isolate each element in a drum loop. If a drum loop is put into ReCycle, the program isolates each note and allows you to set the tempo to a BPM of your choice. These loops can then be used in programs like Logic and Reason.

What performance are you getting? (if quantifiable)
Overall, the program itself identifies 90% of the notes played in each loop. It is up to the user to isolate each note from there. It actually can get pretty tricky if you are dealing with a complex loop, but overall, it's not too difficult. It allows you to work with an astonishing number of samples and loops that would be difficult, if not impossible, to work with otherwise.

Is this configuration (software and gear) stable?...
There's isn't a whole lot of gear necessary to run this program, so the configuration doesn't really provide any issues that need to be dealt with.

For how long have you been using it?
I've used this program for about six months. After a few days I was really good at doing loops, which was helpful.

What thing do you like most/least about it?
I feel as though I would use this program more than I do. Considering I prefer to record live instruments, and I'm more of a ProTools guy anyway, this isn't really as helpful as I would have hoped. That being said, if processing drum loops and using them for your own compositions is your thing, this is a pretty great program. You'd probably having a difficult time without this or a similar program.

Did you try many other models before getting this one?
I did not try any other models; the studio I work at purchased this.

What is your opinion about the value for the price?
I think most software is overpriced, but compared to most audio programs this one isn't too bad.

Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice?...
I personally wouldn't unless I needed to use Logic and drum loops more. Currently I have no use for it. That being said, it's still a great program.

Precision and quality of the sound?
The software is pretty great in terms of sound quality. It doesn't degrade the sound of the loop at all, which I've had problems with when trying to use other methods of slowing down drum loops. It also can get very detailed with the intricacies of more complex loops. This is definitely what makes the software worthwhile.