PreSonus has announced the upcoming version 1.7 of its Universal Control software.
This free update to the company’s control-panel software features an expansion of the Rational Acoustics Smaart Measurement Technology that is integrated into the Virtual StudioLive section of Universal Control.
With Universal Control 1.7, StudioLive 24.4.2 and 16.4.2 users gain the abilities to view the frequency response of a venue, calculate and set delay-system timing, and verify output connectivity. (Note that these additional capabilities are not available for the StudioLive 16.0.2 due to its different architecture.)
PreSonus has also added three Smaart system-check wizards to VSL. To use these tools, you need to connect a measurement microphone to the StudioLive mixer’s Talkback input.
- The Smaart Room Analysis (SRA) Wizard is an automated process that guides you through the steps of acquiring a frequency-response trace and then overlays the resulting trace on the VSL display for a StudioLive 24.4.2 or StudioLive 16.4.2 Fat Channel parametric EQ. (A frequency-response trace is the plotted result-frequency and amplitude-of the system measurement.) You can then adjust the parametric EQ to get rid of unwanted anomalies in the room. The SRA Wizard can do a basic analysis, which requires a single-point measurement, or an advanced analysis employing three separate mic position measurements and averaging them together.
- The Smaart System Delay (SSD) Wizard calculates and sets the correct amount of delay time between two full-range speaker systems, using the StudioLive’s subgroup-output delays. This is designed to help you synchronize the outputs of secondary (generally, side and rear) speaker systems with the output of the main front speakers in a front-of-house P.A. system. You can synchronize multiple secondary systems using this tool and the StudioLive 24.4.2/16.4.2 mixer’s four subgroup outputs.
- The Smaart Output Check (SOC) Wizard verifies that your system outputs are routed correctly and are passing signal. By momentarily taking over the routing and volume control of an output and patching pink noise to it, this tool is designed to let you discover which speaker is connected where and to help you get to the root of a routing problem.
More information: PreSonus
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.