Boss BR-8 Digital Recording Studio
Boss BR-8 Digital Recording Studio

Digital Multrack-studio from Boss belonging to the BR series.

MonsieurPatate MonsieurPatate

«  Always good ... »

Published on 04/28/13 at 12:01
Cool.

Manuel cramming and repotasser with some books on recording.

The usual functions, once you get used to, are very fast.

Frankly, the quality, if you know how to use and if the surrounding material good (especially at the microphones need preamplify) is more than interesting. Especially in light of the "live" aspect of the machine is plugged, is recorded.

The guitar effects are ... dégeulasses. Unless we manage to adjust properly, and there can be two or three things quite drinkable.

Effects "line" and microphones are against quite valid. In a context where, for 10x the price of this unit and by spending more time 4x, 5/6x can be better.

Several years.

I really appreciate the "direct" approach to the instrument. Which may well prove useful in home studio, provided, indeed, to fully understand how it operates, we know how and why to do so and so the sound to get the desired result (in short, have flared books on the sound, but it's exactly the same with a DAW ...), and once you get used to, is very fast to use.

What I hate cons is that the punch-in/punch-out is not super accurate (but I'll never use it, I'm pretty bad, and I have no footswitch). And the buttons of mine begin to seriously weaken. And the p # | n @ m @ ZIP disks \ EU!. They are not as boring as that, but given the boat as it was to find a USB ZIP drive! Well, here I hit his fist on more defects due to his age and a possible lack of skill on my part than anything else, but in reality, I really like this unit.

And the final word is that this little bike has its place in my heart (although everyone in foute) and in my studio. She taught me a lot and motivates me a lot to take "the same thing but really better" with lots of tracks, which are not built-in preamps dung, a screen slightly larger / readable, USB connectivity, a integrated hard disk ... Finally the total, whatever.