Boss BR-864 8-Track Digital Studio
Boss BR-864 8-Track Digital Studio

Digital Multrack-studio from Boss belonging to the BR series.

MGR/Pinky MGR/Pinky

« Boss BR864 »

Publié le 11/25/03 à 15:00
I bought this recorder at guitar center for about $495.00 after doing a lot of research and checking out other units. the price was a big factor. I had already mastered the similar BOSS br532 wich has a very similar operationg system.

I used to sit and stare at my br532 begging ti to magically have more tracks. Looks like the good folks at Roland finally listened. They also threw in more effects, a more programable drum machine,the option for pedals and USB support all for pocketchange more than the br532. The sleeker silver chassis is nice, too. Ive heard some other bigger multrack owners diss the boss line of multitrackers. They can say all they want while they're crying to tech support and reading pages of manual im making demos that sound like they came outta LA.

Id have appreciated new drum kits insteada the nine from the br532. But with the magic of midi you can use the drum beats and such from the br864 and use the kits from your favotie drum machine, like my dr. groove these two units (dr. groove and br864 couple beautifully). I'd have also appreciated phantom power. As with my other boss products they're stingy with the little extras like the power supply. The included batteries almost add insult to injury.

While made of plastic this thing seems pretty tough. I like the way the faders move the lcd is very legible. Boss products, while usually made of plastic seem to stick around for a while.

First and formost, you MUST have a computer with a cd burner if you really want to get the full use of either the br532 or br864. That being said, Both units rock. For the money (under $500) I have a great 8 track fully digial recording studio. People always ask who did my demo's. It feels good to say I did them myself, thanks boss!