Zoom R16
Jean-Seb G Jean-Seb G

« Too much or not enough »

Published on 07/20/14 at 05:47
I've been using it for one year now and haven't had any hardware problems.

After having tested the H2, H2N and H4N models, I opted for the r16.

What I like best about this product is its portability and what I like least is its non-portability. It is in fact very limited in terms of capacity but it works fine as a backup recorder or as a soundcard. However, as a backup recorder, an H4 is much more practical. My R16 doesn't fit in my pocket and takes up the same space as a computer. Its main advantage is that it's a cheap multi-input soundcard.

In terms of value for money, I have no complaints. As I wrote above, not-expensive multi-inputs, it's a given.

In my experience, I don't think I'd buy it again. I'd buy a non-portable (but transportable) audio interface and a really portable H4.

The product is very good, but it's somewhere in the middle of the road, so you'll need to know what you want to do with it and for how long before you need something bigger or smaller.