The Electro 3 features a new organ section, a new piano section, new effects and also a new feature that allows the Electro 3 to use any samples from the Nord Wave library.
● Load any sample from the Nord Sample library
"Users can add sounds to the Nord Electro 3. Sounds can be loaded from the Mellotron Library or any other instrument or sound from the extensive Nord Sample Library, the same as the Nord Wave uses. Users are able to create their own Sample Instruments using the Nord Wave Manager and then use these in the Nord Electro 3."
● New pianos
"The Electro 3 will use the same sample format as the Nord Stage, to take advantage of the Nord Piano Library’s velocity layers, pedal-down samples and other samples. Any current or future piano that is available for the Stage family will also automatically be available to the Nord Electro 3."
● Increased memory capacity
The Nord Electro 3 has a memory for pianos and samples of 256 MB and can it can store 126 programs.
● Second generation organ emulation
The organ section is descending from the Nord C1 Combo Organ with its vintage sounds from the B3, Farfisa and Vox-type models. Each and every individual sound creating component and the artifacts of the original instruments have been reproduced in the Electro 3.
● Brand new effect section
The Nord Electro 3 is equipped with a selection of effects including reverb with five different algorithms. There is also a selection of tremolo, panning, wah-wah, phaser, flanger and chorus effects.
● New amps, compressor and EQ
User can sculpt their final sound by choosing from a selection of three amplifier simulations that can add any amount of grit and distortion from gentle to manic levels. A three-band EQ with sweepable mid-range and a compressor can be added to the final stage of the audio path.
● Enhanced Rotary speaker emulator
The rotary speaker emulator also originates from the Nord C1 Combo Organ. This rotary speaker emulator incorporates the acoustic variations that occur when a physical speaker spreads the sound in a room.
● Play along to music with the Monitor Input jack
Plug in your mp3 or CD player to the Electro 3 to be able to play along, rehearse or jam with previously recorded music without the need of an external mixer or sound system. The signal that is present at this input will be monitored through the Electro 3’s headphone output.
● Free Electro Manager application to manage the memory areas
The content of the pianos, the samples and the program memories in the Nord Electro 3 will be managed by the Nord Electro Manager. This application will be available for free to Electro owners, and compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Mac OSX.
● Increased portability
The Electro 3 will be slimmer and lighter than the original Electro.
● Two models available
The Electro 3 will be available in two sizes, a 61 and a 73 key version with semi-weighted waterfall keys.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Yamaha unveils DGX-660 portable grand Yamaha presents the DGX-660, a 88-key portable digital piano.
- [NAMM] Roland announces FP-30 digital piano Roland presents the FP-30, a digital piano which aims at offering high-end performance in a compact and transportable design.
- Kawai announces the ES8 digital piano Kawai will launch in September the latest version of their ES series of digital pianos with the ES8.