[Musikmesse] Waldorf introduces a String Synth
Waldorf is completing its compact synth series with Streichfett, a string synth that will be introduced next week at Musikmesse 2014.
With Streichfett, Waldorf brings back the classic string pads and ambiances from the 70s and 80s. You can use it to recreate the iconic lines found on Shine on You Crazy Diamond or How Deep Is Your Love thanks to a dual audio engine and various presets, including an Ensemble effect.
- Polyphonic string section with violin, viola, cello, brass, organ and choir presets
- Ensemble effet for the string section
- 2 layers for the violins/violas
- String envelope with crescendo and release
- Monophonic Solo section with bass, electric piano, clavinet, as well as synth and Pluto sounds
- Tremolo for the Solo section
- Envelope with sustain, attack and decay controls
- Effect section with Animate, Phaser and Reverb
- Layer or Split features for the Solo section with Balance control
- 3 x 4 memory slots for storing user presets
- 3-way octave switch: Base, Both, 8va
- Depth control
- Stereo audio outputs (left/stereo, right/mono)
- Headphone output
- USB MIDI port
- MIDI In and Out
The Streichfett synth will be available late Spring for the suggested price of 279€. Visit www.waldorf-music.info for more.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Roland SYSTEM-1 PLUG-OUT Synthesizer The synthesizer component of the new AIRA series, SYSTEM-1, which lets you host emulations of classic Roland synths, among its other features.
- Roland TB-3 Touch Bassline Another AIRA component announced by Roland is the TB-3, which emulates the vaunted TB-303 bass synth.
- Roland TR-8 Rhythm Controller When Roland finally unveiled its AIRA series, the TR-8 rhythm controller, which offers modeled TR-808 and 909 sounds, was one of the four components.