Yamaha VL70M
HUROLURA HUROLURA

«  Today, my wind instrument reference »

Published on 10/28/12 at 10:00
13 years of use, ... but dotted (I had other interests more "addictive" than the music during the early years of my children ... 4).

Not had the opportunity to try anything else at the time because there was little more than this, and like most I was offered by my Dulcinea ...

Having several years of clarinet in my youth, grip the WX5 has been pretty straightforward. The nose and mouth are very close. Soon, we find the expression clean wind instruments, though the breath required is less important than a real instrument.

His side, the generator VL70m remains for me a kind of reference: it makes accessible sounds credible Clarinet, Sax, Oboe, Flute, but also offers some synthesized sounds very nice to play with the WX5.
on the other hand, side sound editing on Mac Only prevented me from going very far, and ergonomic editing VL is typically yamaha, not my cup of tea too.

I also tried the Brass VSTi 2.0 Arturia which is not bad but I'm rather refractory VSTi ...
I do not think that most sample banks to propose an alternative. Maybe next sonic realism (after all, these are recordings of real instruments) but expressive side, I'm not sure, and anyway, it would be limited to existing instruments so it loses some of the interest of this type of synthesis.

With experience, I réfèrerais yet the same choice, the current alternative posed by EWI 4000S AKAI EWI USB and less attractive to me especially because of the mouth of the more distinctive flute AKAI.

Least on this type of controller is the cable connection but it is also true for Akai EWI products or Eigenlabs.