Each trade show has its new Nord keyboard, and after updating the Electro range at NAMM, the Nord Stage 2 go EX in Frankfurt.
The new Nord Stage 2 EX series that will be unveiled tomorrow at Musikmesse 2015 features three models: one 88-key weighted Hammer Action (A-C), one 73-key semi-weighted Waterfall (E-E) and, new in this series, a 76-key HP-type weighted Hammer Action model (E-G). You’ll also notice a touch of orange color on the front panel.
The other new feature on these Nord Stage 2 EX keyboards an extended memory of 1GB for the Nord Piano Library (twice the size of the previous version), with reworked sounds and a new DX Electric Pianos category. The Nord Sample Library has also been revamped and includes new choir, tuned percussions, ethnic and folk instrument samples. These new samples are compatible with the already existing Nord Electro and Nord Stage models.
As for the rest, the Nord Stage 2 EX keyboard have the following specifications:
- Assign up to 3 playing zones in real time
- Modulation wheel and pitch stick
- Morph feature that allows for changing the values of multiple parameters simultaneously from a single controller
- 400 memory slots for user programs
- 2 Piano sections with 1 GB of flash memory, up to 60 note polyphony, sympathetic resonance management and ability to replace the samples via the Nord Sound Manager software
- 2 Organ section with full polyphony, 3 models from the Nord C2 (wheel organ and two models of analog electric organs), 9 digital drawbars with memory and 3 wheel models
- 2 Synthesizer sections with subtractive, FM, wavetable and sampling synthesis (380 MB of Flash ROM compatible with the Nord Sample Library and the multisamples generated with the Nord Sample Editor), 18 voices of polyphony, compatibility with the Nord Sound Manager
- 2 Master Keyboard section with a knob that can be assigned to a MIDI controller
- 2 × 6 effect modules assignable to any of the sound modules, with ring modulation, tremolo, pan, wah, 2 autowahs, flanger, vibe, two phasers, two chorus, delay with ping-pong mode and tap tempo, 3 speaker emulations (JC, Twin and Small Tube) with adjustable overdrive, rotary speaker emulation with 3 speeds and independent overdrive and 3-band EQ with semi-parametric mids
- Master module with reverb (6 algorithms) and compressor
- 4 audio outputs
- Headphone output
- 1/8” Monitor input
- Control pedal input
- Sustain pedal input (or Triple Pedal)
- Input for rotary speaker speed control
- MIDI in and out
- USB port
The three new Nord Stage 2 EX will be available in June with the suggested prices:
- Nord Stage 2 EX 88: 3,888 €
- Nord Stage 2 EX 76 HP: 3,666 €
- Nord Stage 2 EX Compact 73: 3,333 €
More info at www.nordkeyboards.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- This Summer, jam with BeatBuddy Mini for $99 Singular Sound has announced a special offer on their BeatBuddy Mini personal drum machine.
- Moogfest: Moog to bring back Minimoog Model D While Moogfest 2016 is currently (May 19-22) being held in Durham, NC, Moog is bringing back Minimoog Model D through a pop-up factory.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Dreadbox present Drips Dreadbox is at the Musikmesse to present Drips, a Eurorack format modular drum machine.