Atomix Productions are working on Virtual DJ 8, but in the meantime they’ve released an update to the software with a few new features.
The biggest change is the introduction of colored waveforms to the software, like those that can be found in Traktor and Serato. The waveforms are designed to be colored to roughly match the sound spectrum, with the low ends as yellow/purple/red, mids as various shades of green, and highs that have a brighter blue color.
A number of smaller changes also came through in this update of the software, including:
- video fade-to-black independent from audio volume (with VDJScript “video_level”)
- changed volume faders default curve (quadratic by default, can be changed with VDJScript “levelfader_curve”)
- video can be delayed from audio (with VDJScript “video_delay”)
- fix cover download from google and from amazon
- fix adding cached netsearch results to cloudLists
- added 9 new controllers
Visit www.virtualdj.com/ for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Reloop Beatmix 4 mk2 Reloop present an mk2 version of their Beatmix 4 DJ controller specifically optimized for Serato.
- NI expands Stems support with Traktor Pro 2 update Native Instruments today released Traktor Pro 2.10.1, a free update that extends control of the Stems format to all Traktor users.
- [NAMM] Rane MP2014 DJ mixer After launching the MP2015 4-channel DJ mixer last year, Rane introduces a 2-channel version, the MP2014.