or
Create an account

or

Thread Recording DJ mixes into MP3 / streamin files

• 8 replies
  • 9 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Recording DJ mixes into MP3 / streamin files
Essentially I want to record mixes from my set up (Vestax & Technics) into my PC and then MP3 or stream them.

Always seems to be a few trains of thought on this but any tips on what programs to use and how best to do it would be most useful.

Is it just a case of putting the output from the mixer into the PC and then recording it with a suitable program?

Been rocking the tapes for years now and need to step up!
Funny, my rack mount minidisc fired tonight and I was going to do a 45 min set, am lookiing for something downloadable to record on PANTHER right now. :)

Quote: Essentially I want to record mixes from my set up (Vestax & Technics) into my PC and then MP3 or stream them.

Always seems to be a few trains of thought on this but any tips on what programs to use and how best to do it would be most useful.

Is it just a case of putting the output from the mixer into the PC and then recording it with a suitable program?

Been rocking the tapes for years now and need to step up!

:?: :?: :idea: :rolleyes:

I want free downloadable recording software,who can help me?
Hi halftime

i'm using a vestax setup as well (turns and mixer) and i got it hooked up to my soundcard..

my old (as well as my new) soundcard had chinch-connectors in an external unit.. if you don't have such a unit you can also use chinch to jack cables that you just connect via a regular line-in port

what the best program for recording is, i can't tell you.. my old soundcard (sound blaster platinum) had a simple "recorder" software that was working perfectly for this..

of course you can use other recording software as cool edit pro or similar which unfortunately is not free.. (even though there is a free version of cool edit, but i haven't used it so far, and i don't know whether this function is available in the free version.. you can try yourself though)
I want more about your company
hi guys, just like willstereo, I'd like to know how to record my mixes from my dj equipment to CDs. Thanks.
I have found the best thing to use is a product from Behringer the UCA202A i think it is called.

It plugs into a USB socket and then you plut a secondary output from you mixer into the device.

Then you can record using the free audacity software, not sure about any others that work, Goldwave might...

Hope this helps
Same questions for me.  I have a very basic Numark cd mix 1 and want to start recording my mixes so I can critique them, and potentially send demos at some point.

I have a laptop and an ipod touch, how would I go about hooking up my dj equipment to the computer in order to record a mix?  I don't care if I have to pay for a program, there's just so many so I have no clue which is the best to choose for a newb!
Take the audio outputs from your dj gear and run them into the audio inputs of your recording gear / audio interface / soundcard.  Monitor your levels.  press record.

how hard was that?

Just type in "free wave editor" in google.  find something.  click download.  install.