Image Line Deckadance v1.8
Image Line has updated Deckadance to version 1.8 for both Windows and Mac OS X. The big news is the new Song Manager.
Song Manager Features:
- Manage 50.000+ in your music collection without slow downs using a open format database (sqlite).
- SM categorizes music files in your computer making them accessible through numerous search/sort features.
- Importing tracks into Song Manager doesn't copy music files.
- Simple search and advanced search via subsets of metadata fields (filters).
- Create playlist to organize effectively your tracks. Sort, re- order, reset original state, export to html/m3u and more.
- Create smart playlist that auto-update based on 'rules'. e.g.: "top 25 most played dance genre songs with BPM between 120 and 140".
- Fully customizable layouts: hide/show, re-arrange, (auto) resize of the metadata view columns.
- Edit track tags/metadata (title, artist, name... etc.) via inline editing.
- Cover art (resizable) display.
- Supported formats: mp3, acc (m4a), wav, aiff, wma, flac and ogg.
- Cross platform (win/mac) with full drag/drop external support.
Other notable changes & additions:
- New Recording engine with threaded streaming to disk.
- Added supported controllers (Hercules DJ Console MK4 & American Audio VMS4).
- Added SNAP to the closest beat in the waveform for loops, cues, waveform seek and start position.
- Added DVS run-out protection with auto engage and visual feedback.
- Added Lead In function in DVS section.
- Improved DVS behaviour for large audio buffer sizes.
- Incremented to 30 seconds the minimum playing time to mark a song like played.
- Added right click over played state to reset it.
- Removed clear played state of tracks when automix is enabled.
- Updated minihost look and added song manager start button.
- Added downbeat and start position keyboard shortcuts:
- DECK A->Downbeat: "ctrl+t", Start Position: "ctrl+y".
- DECK B->Downbeat: "ctrl+g", Start Position: "ctrl+h".
- Added "key slider" and "key slider inverted" to the MIDI learn commands.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Reloop Beatmix 4 mk2 Reloop present an mk2 version of their Beatmix 4 DJ controller specifically optimized for Serato.
- The top budget CD decks for DJs Even if DJs are turning more and more towards immaterial formats nowadays, it's still useful to keep a good old CD player lying around, one that can play back normal Red Book CDs as well as those stacked with compressed files. There are different models for around $500. We asked the global Audiofanzine community which ones are their favorites, so without further adieu, here are the best CD decks for DJ according to you!
- NI expands Stems support with Traktor Pro 2 update Native Instruments today released Traktor Pro 2.10.1, a free update that extends control of the Stems format to all Traktor users.