Serato Scratch Live 2.3.3
Serato recently anounced the release of Scratch Live 2.3.3, a new maintenance and bug fix release for SSL DJs.
Playback and file management fixes
- Rewrite of all metadata/tagging read/write of all MPEG-4 files. This includes .mp4, .m4a, .aac and various .mov files.
- Potential fix to seemingly random crashes during playback of files decoded by Quicktime libraries (mac).
- Fixed bug where autoplay was enabled after hot-plugging hardware.
- Fixed bug where some MPEG-4 files were being incorrectly marked as corrupt.
- Fixed bug where some files were not relocating after using 'relocate lost files'.
- Removed video file filtering. This means Scratch Live can now play audio from video files without having to have Video-SL installed.
- Fixed potential crashes when relocating lost files.
- Fixed MIDI mapped SL4 THRU button still triggering even when 'Lock Playing Deck' is in effect.
- Fix for Grid Edit keyboard shortcut not cycling through the SL3 Aux Deck.
- Fixed Relocate Lost Files not finding files in some cases and sometimes losing information.
- Empty crates are saved to the root drive's subcrates dir to allow the user to prepare a crate structure. NB: Empty crates are never saved to external drives.
Hardware related fixes
- Fixed bug where if SSL was started with the TTM 57 plugged in, it would increase its gain level if it was unplugged, then plugged in again.
- Fixed the TTM 57 B1-B6 button mapping so that their states match the state of the Scratch Live function to which they're mapped to.
- CDJ-900 loop editing now works on deck 4.
- Fixed bug where some midi controllers wouldn't display in the MIDI panel of the setup screen. Affected devices include the NI Kontrol X1.
- Fixed issues with the Pioneer MEP-7000 pitch and velocity controls.
- When 'lock playing decks' is in effect, the thru mode button is now disabled.
- Fixed bug where the waveforms were rendered a little low (horizontal mode).
- Fixed incorrect spacing for + pitch amounts on the GUI's velocity sliders.
- Fixed bug where the bpm couldn't be doubled/halved without the edit box seemingly clearing all text upon a key release.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Ion Audio Mobile DJ Based on the Block Rocker Speaker Range, Mobile DJ lets you mix between 2 iPods (or iPhones) using the built-in cross fader controls.
- Numark N4 DJ Controller Shipping Numark is now shipping the N4, a four-channel DJ controller with built-in mixer.
- Faderfox DS3 The DS3 is a solution suited if you like to work with samples, loops, hotcues and FX in Traktor Pro 2.