Xylio Future DJ for iOS
Xylio has announced the release of Future DJ, its first handheld DJ solution for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Future DJ is designed to automatically analyze a track's BPM as well as synchronize the beats of two songs.
Effects, equalizers, scratch, disk spin and reverse-play are some of the other features that you will find in this app. The song's speed can be controlled through the pitch slider, thus being able to manually mix by bringing both songs to the same BPM. Users will be able to mix through the automatic Mix feature, which automatically brings the two songs at the same BPM, while at the same time moving the crossfader to the other song.
Xylio uses the iPhone/iPod to create features surch as MotionPlaying, a feature that uses the iPhone's gyroscope to play, pause, scratch, slow down and speed up a track through the motion applied to the device.
- Classic DJ setup with 2 decks and mixer.
- Manual or automatic mixing.
- Pitch/speed control and crossfader.
- One-click beat-matching and sync.
- Automatic BPM detection (grid like) on the device.
- Effects, eqs, filters.
- Vinyl simulation including scratch, pitch, reverse play, brake, spin.
- Separate headphones/speakers output (using a simple stereo splitter).
- iPod library browsing system with search.
- CUE point functions including hot Cue-Play.
- Pitch bend (using the pitch sliders).
- MotionPlaying - place your iPhone/iPod on a turntable and scratch any song (requires an iOS device with a gyroscope - e.g. iPhone 4).
- Built-in help.
Pricing and Availability
Future DJ is currently available for the introductory price of $1.99 / €1.59 / £1.19 / ¥230.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Xone:DX for Serato ITCH Contest If you own an Allen & Heath Xone:DX controller for Serato ITCH, you can get a chance to win accessories for your studio with a video competition.
- Serato Itch 2 Coming Up? According to a message on their Facebook wall Serato is about to reveal more on the next version of their DJ software Serato Itch.
- Mixxx 1.9.1 on the Mac App Store Mixxx is an open source DJ tool, now available on the Mac App Store.