Seagull S6 Cedar
Seagull S6 Cedar
MGR/Adam MGR/Adam

« Seagull S6 Cedar »

Published on 07/02/03 at 15:00
I'm from Austin, Tx and bought my Seagull from Guitar Resurrection for $349. Pricey for the model, I know, but this place is pricey. I looked at others, but being a banger, I wanted something with full tonal sound.

This guitar has such a full sound. I use bigger strings (Robert Pearce 12's) and the S(6) pushes out delicious lows, meaty mids and silky highs. They've apparently taken great pains towards quality. Well, hell, they're handmade. I learned out to 'really' play on this thing, and I've owned it for 8 years. I will not outgrow it. The longer I play it, the better it sounds. And hears a hint: warm it up before you play it. The sun works best.

The soundboard has a matte finish, which makes it gorgeous, but it's a bit soft. I have plenty of 'character dings' in it and I'm working towards a 'Willy hole' (see Willy Nelson's nylon string). I've been able to stave it off with some clear flaminco soundboard protectors.

The construction is terrific, though I did have to have the bridge reattached once. I've never had to have the intonation adjusted, though I tried once. The luthier I brought it to told me that it was off by less than 5%. There you go.

Buy this guitar. No matter what kind of acoustic guitar music you play, you'll be pleased. Lead, rock, country, blues, I do it all. Never let me down. I've had plenty of players tell me that the S(6) rivaled even mid-range Martins.