Boss DR-880 Dr. Rhythm
Boss DR-880 Dr. Rhythm

Drum Machine from Boss belonging to the DR series.

ericthegreat ericthegreat
Published on 09/21/11 at 22:41
The Boss DR 880 is a old drum machine that you can get now adays for pretty cheap, I remember seeing a commercial with this drum machine in it back in the 90’s. You can still use this today, especially if you can afford some of the high end drum machines like the MPC Line.

Programming is very simple and complete. ;I use the meter and tempo changes and it goes smoothly. The ghost function gives a human touch that I appreciate. I use it in rehearsals and on stage. The only downside, the bass programming is a bit long for my taste, but it does it anyway. You can really personalize its pieces and it's very significant, and for the stage, possibility of 4 outputs, in order to have a balanced facade (personally for me: an outlet for the GC, one for the bass B, and the rest , in stereo L & R).

sounds are great, comes with some great stock sounds as well.

This drum machine in my opinion was made for guitar players and bass players that either just want to hone their guitar playing chops or for those that like to be creative and enjoy writing songs. The DR-880 is so easy to work with. That's the beauty of this unit, you can just take it home and start jamming! I love to hook it up through my PA system and jam for hours. Who has time to read manuals? Yea there is a small learning curve to most electronics but this baby is great for live gigs, recording and so much more. You will be blown away with the sound effects for the drums and the effects for the guitar. Absolutely Killer!!!! Buy one today. Don’t wait, even though its an older drum machine it works great and will work great for you with your current setup. No matter what you are running.