Ludwig Drums will celebrate its 100th anniversary in 2009 and introduces its first models aimed at celebrating this event: the Ludwig Centennial Series Maple Drum Sets.
Designed to meet the touring player’s expectation for a drum set both reliable and versatile in tone, the Centennial Maple drum sets are composed of a mix of 6-ply (toms and floor toms) and 8-ply (snare and bass drums) North American Maple shells, all featuring 2.3mm drum hoops, the brand’s new Classic Micro-Lug and Vibra-band toms mounting system.
Four different configurations are available:
- The Groover set features a 20×20” bass drum, 13×16” and 13×14” floor toms, a 8×12” tom and a 6.5×13” Bronze snare drum
- The Powerdrive set features a 20×22” bass drum, 14×16” and 13×14” floor toms, a 8×12” tom and a 6×14” Bronze snare drum
- The “2 Up 2 Down” configuration features a 20×22” bass drum, 14×16” and 13×14” floor toms, 8×12” and 7.5×10” toms and 6×14” Bronze snare drum
- And finally, the Arena set features a 20×24” bass drum, 16×18” and 15×16” floor toms, 8×12” tom and 6.5×14” Bronze snare drum
Available in Natural, Charcoal Shadow (black), Green Sparkle and Silver Sparkle finishes, the Centennial Series Maple sets are available for order at prices starting under the $1,400 mark.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Roland FD-9 After the KT-9 beaterless kick pedal, Roland presents the FD-9, an innovative Hi-Hat control pedal for quiet night practice on electronic drums.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Roland KT-9 Roland presents the KT-9, an innovative beaterless kick pedal for quiet practice on electronic drums.
- [MUSIKMESSE][VIDEO] Clavia Nord Drum 3P A live demonstration of the Nord Drum 3P at the Musikmesse 2016.