Ludwig Centennial Series Maple Drums
Ludwig Drums will celebrate its 100th anniversary in 2009 and introduces its first models aimed at celebrating this event: the Ludwig Centennial Series Maple Drum Sets.
Designed to meet the touring player's expectation for a drum set both reliable and versatile in tone, the Centennial Maple drum sets are composed of a mix of 6-ply (toms and floor toms) and 8-ply (snare and bass drums) North American Maple shells, all featuring 2.3mm drum hoops, the brand's new Classic Micro-Lug and Vibra-band toms mounting system.
Four different configurations are available:
- The Groover set features a 20x20” bass drum, 13x16” and 13x14” floor toms, a 8x12” tom and a 6.5x13” Bronze snare drum
- The Powerdrive set features a 20x22” bass drum, 14x16” and 13x14” floor toms, a 8x12” tom and a 6x14” Bronze snare drum
- The "2 Up 2 Down" configuration features a 20x22” bass drum, 14x16” and 13x14” floor toms, 8x12” and 7.5x10” toms and 6x14” Bronze snare drum
- And finally, the Arena set features a 20x24” bass drum, 16x18” and 15x16” floor toms, 8x12” tom and 6.5x14” Bronze snare drum
Available in Natural, Charcoal Shadow (black), Green Sparkle and Silver Sparkle finishes, the Centennial Series Maple sets are available for order at prices starting under the $1,400 mark.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Gretsch Renown Purewood Bubinga Drum Set Gretsch introduces the Renown Purewood Bubinga 6-piece Drums Set, the newest addition to the brand's Renown Purewood series.
- Ludwig Drums Black Magic Snare series Ludwig Drum Co. has announced the new Black Magic Snare Drums, a new series designed using a classic formula but adapted to provide modern, aggressive tones while favouring volume, tonal clarity and snare response.
- Gretsch Catalina Club Mod G-Tube Graphic Gretsch Unveils Catalina Club Mod In G-Tube Graphic Finish.