Sennheiser e 906
Sennheiser e 906
mooseherman mooseherman
Publié le 08/02/09 à 14:22
These mics can be used in both live and studio settings, and actually work great in both situations. They are dynamic mics, so they don't require phantom power. It has a cardioid pickup pattern and it has a switch that switches between tones, which are labeled fat, bright, and smooth. <span style="white-space: pre;"> </span>

I like the tones that this mic gets out of an electric guitar. I've used it with my Fender Stratocaster and  Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb in the studio, and I couldn't believe how much better it was than the mics I'd been using (mainly the SM57...old habits die hard.) I like the variety of tones you can get from it; mic placement alone is no longer the only factor with these mics, as the three switches allow for drastically different sounds. I ended up choosing the setting based on the different types of songs I was doing, and it was almost always perfect, sometimes only requiring a slight change in position. The versatility I got out of one dynamic mic was impressive. The quality of the sound wasn't quite up there with some of the higher-end Sennheiser mics like the 409, but I think it is still great, especially for the price. The differences between it and other good Sennheiser mics, at least as far as tone is concerned, is minimal, with the exception of the switch that gives you greater versatility, which makes it more ideal than other mics in the price range. I didn't really look at this model until I heard that Robert Randolph uses it on his guitars, so that alone made me at least curious. After trying it, I was sold. If you are a fan of Robert Randolph's tone, it's worth your while to check out this mic, because it allows his tone to ring through clear and powerfully, and it will do the same for you, if you know what you're looking for in your sound. I would highly recommend this mic to anyone with an interest in recording or gigging, especially if you are a stickler for sound quality.