Shure SM57
Shure SM57

Dynamic Microphone from Shure belonging to the SM series.

Grebz Grebz

«  Versatile »

Publié le 04/24/11 à 03:15
Dynamic microphone for miking amps, instruments, singing ...

I use this mic since 2006 for the following purposes:
- In vocal microphone (with pop filter) for my home recording studio
- In micro singing live (no pop filter) for the few concerts I have done with my group
- To catch his bass guitars and amps to when I want to register my group or a group of friends.

This is not an ideal vocal microphone, but it does its job at an affordable price. However, it is far from the shades can be achieved with a microphone static or other dynamic more appropriate.
I am not a specialist in microphones, but obviously, the SM57 is done more for the times that amp for vocals. That said, do not have a huge budget, I took it because it is known, it has been proven and is still very versatile. I have three in total, which allows me to catch live with 3 amps (2 guitars, 1 bass).

Let's say I'm very happy and for my use, it suits me. And for home studio use, the advantage is that the dynamics is not sensitive enough to recover the sound of sneezing or neighbor children playing in front of the building, when I worked as a normal room, acoustically untreated, non-isolated.