Shure SM58
Shure SM58

SM58, Dynamic Microphone from Shure in the SM series.

miramadar 03/09/2004

Shure SM58 : miramadar's user review

« Shure SM-58 »

• Partager
I purchased the Shure SM-58 mic about 5 years ago after having owned a Kustom K-6 for a couple of years. I play music in a local band and I wanted a better singing mic. I bought it at Hometown Music in Whitesburg, KY for $120.

After singing through the Kustom mic for two years, the SM-58 was nothing short of a revelation. The sound was so much clearer and stronger, and it was so much more responsive to sound that I was instantly wowed. Once you hold the SM-58 in your hand, you can tell it's a quality piece of equipment. It's heavy and very well conctructed. I've owned my 58 for over five years now and I've gotten a lot of use out of it. My band plays on the road a lot, so our equipment has to be tough. The SM-58 is just that...a tough, great-sounding mic that won't let you down.

Are there better sounding mics on the market? Certainly. But those mics will cost you a lot more cash. For $120, you can't go wrong with the SM-58.

This is an absolutely solid piece of equipment. I can't count the times I've dropped it. Not once has it ever betrayed me (even if I deserved it!).

The Shure SM-58 is a great mic at a great price. Period.