Agrandir
Cort Curbow4

4-string bass guitar from Cort belonging to the Curbow series.

MGR/andy MGR/andy

« Cort Curbow 4 »

Publié le 12/01/03 à 15:00
I acquired my Curbow from a friend that collects guitars. I traded him an acoustic guitar for it that I paid a couple of hundred for so I thought I got a good deal pricewise. I've seen them listed new for around US$450

I was blown away by this bass. The feel (and sound) is incredible - light and quick but with a great punchy tone that is easy to manipulate for any playing style, from heavy picking to fingerstyle to slap. It is very comfortable for those long gigs and gets alot of comments on how unique and cool it looks.

The bottom horn could be a little longer to facilitate playing while sitting, but this is such a minor concern that it is totally overshadowed by the positive factors of this bass.

This is one of the most solid basses I have ever played. I like the five bolt array that connects the neck to the body as well as the neck butting all the way up to the pickups. The ebanol neck is incredibly quick and has a great sound. In the year I have had the bass, I have averaged 3-4 playing nights a week and the only adjustments I have had to make are to the neck when I changed string guage.

The best bass on the market for the price and better than most for twice the price