Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Special
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Special

Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Special, 4-string bass guitar from Squier in the Jaguar Bass series.

MGR/Billy 09/26/2011

Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Special : MGR/Billy's user review

« Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special »

• Partager
I saw pictures of this that Fender leaked about 6 months in advance. I couldn't wait to get my hands on one of these!

There are a few different Squier Jaguar basses; there is a $299 version with the two stacked pots similar to a 60s Fender Jazz bass and then there are three $199 versions, one with a P/J setup, one with a humbucker and then a shortscale model.

I picked up the $199 P/J version in transparent red.

It looks cool. The instrument holds tune well and you can get a nice setup with it.

I am not a fan of the electronics. There is a 9volt built in boost. I wished they'd have canned it and used the Duncan Design pickups that are in the other Squiers.

Weight felt a bit heavy and awkward.

Well to get an instrument out the door for $199 you need to take a few shortcuts. The body is made of Agathis which I don't think is a good choice for a bass. The maple neck feels like a P-bass neck and also it is finished in a very thin satin coating.

You know it's not going to be 'the one' but for a $199 it's a fun bass to play around with.