Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Vintage Modified Jazz Bass, 4-string bass guitar from Squier in the Jazz Bass series.

MGR/Billy 12/13/2010

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass : MGR/Billy's user review

« Squier Vintage Jazz »

This is the black body, black pickguard, maple neck with pearl block inlay Jazz Bass by Squier. One of the latest models in their Vintage Modified series. Agathis body with a Poly finish and Alnico magnet pickups. The knobs are volume, volume, tone.

I was excited about Squier%27s new line. I pulled the trigger on it online for $299 and waited until the FedEx truck lit up my driveway.

It looks cool. I like the satin finish neck. The body sustains well when the instrument is played acoustically.

The frets were sharp and the body is very lightweight. I would have much rather paid $349 which is the price tag for the Classic Vibe series and dealt with less shortcomings.

The pickups weren't as aggressive and growly as I had hoped.

Just OK. You can tell right away by playing it that it is a cheap instrument. Setup right out of the box was lackluster. The neck buzzed and fretted out in more than one spot. A new set of strings, a humidity controlled room and a set of allen wrenches fixed it eventually.

This bass has cool factor written all over it. Tonally I wasn%27t in love though, I would highly advise you to check out the Classic Vibe Series Jazz Bass against this.