Yamaha RBX170
Yamaha RBX170

4-string bass guitar from Yamaha belonging to the RBX series.

tilmanjulien tilmanjulien

«  Ideal for beginners »

Published on 01/23/14 at 01:01
Audience: Beginners
Made in China. For the rest, see more ;)

Construction Bolt-on
Scale Length 34 "(863.6mm)
Rosewood Fingerboard
Bridge Vintage Style
Pickups Split Coil x 1, Single Coil x 1
Pickup Switch N / A
Controls Front Volume, Rear Volume, Master Tone

The handle is quite nice and ergonomics ... It is light and everything is accessible. We quickly get the sound you want ...

This bass is versatile and I think this is why it is done: an entry-level Yamaha made for the beginner who does not yet know to what they are going to turn. It can slam, it sounds very round too. Adjustments made, it sounds. With this bass, I played a Fender Rumble 25 Galien Krueger Backline then a 112. Since it serves as a decoration, I spent a few lines above ;) I appreciate it for what it is: my first bass and therefore a good memory.

I use it now for 8 years (although I really do not play with for a while). I have not tried a lot of style, I followed the advice bassist store. It is nice at all levels, ideal for beginners. The value for money is very good if it is only with time, little things you notice: the entry for the jack does not contact well and is no longer as it should, it has a small fall and it is split ... Now, I do not think I was gentle with her. She suffered all my attacks beginner ;) I recommend this bass to anyone who wants to start low ... It will motivate them to continue and to spend € 1,300 each day for a Fender ;)