Boss ME-50
Boss ME-50

Multi-Effects for Electric Guitar from Boss belonging to the ME series.

Anonymous

«  Not bad .... In my use, at least »

Publié le 05/19/13 à 12:00
Housing sturdy and solid iron well!

Connection:
-1 Taking alim
-1 Jack for footswitch
-1 Input for an MP3 player or another.
-1 Entry for ...... Well yer guitar!
6.35 -1 output for headphones (stereo)
-2 Mono outputs to go into a mixing desk or amplifier.

No connection to a PC.

This is the modeling technique with Boss COSM.

A compressor, 7 microphone models 4 reverb's noise reduction, an expression pedal, and distos OD's, the modulations, delays.

We can chain up to 7 effects simultaneously.

Super simple to discover sounds, effects etc etc ....
I galley a little more to save my own patches, but it was also my ignorance of such tools.

Editing sounds is super simple: just turn the knobs.

There is a good sound we like, on file in the memory mode and shoo it's in the bag.

Distos and overdrives: frankly, it breaks no three-legged duck. MT2, Metal, Loud, Muff and Stack are cool (about 22 types, it hurts a little buttocks). The rest is crap! For the blues, you can stop reading this review.
The palm of the horror is undoubtedly to simulate DS-1 or how to gun down a legendary pedal!!

4 knobs drive (with a turbo limit), bottom, tone, level.

Modulations are against very successful. The beautiful chorus, flanger, phaser. The harmonizer is fairly simple to implement. A nice and tremolo effects that I did not know but that enchanted me (Uni-V, Rotary).
3 knobs rate, depth, level.

Of Delay's successful with 4 Possible to 0-125 400-2000 mms positions. An analog delay, Space Pan Pan well effective. A reverse effect is difficult to establish. Strangely designed in fact!
Tap and Hold function.
3 knobs setting time, feedback, level.

An expression pedal including Wah, Resonance (synth effect), octave (+ or - 1 octave).
Pedal stroke which is difficult to regulate.

I'm guitarist behind so it was placed in my multi Jackson RR and my Marshall.
But since I'm keyboardist, I use the end of the chain. So the terrible inefficiency distos ^ does not bother me anymore. And given the quality of the chorus, I am determined to keep it.
For effects, it's great. For distos is not gégé.

I utlise for 4 years and intends to keep it.

I mostly tried only pedals. This was my first multi-purpose.

Like its modulations, Delays and noise reduction.
I do not like his Overdrives (actually distos it goes again, but the OD are chi * r). I do not like either the memory latency mode (although I find that weaker than say my predecessors in the opinion). And worse I do not like being massacred happily pedal I worshiped: the DS1.

Yes, I would do this choice because even when it's still very good stuff I like. It is a good value for money (especially for editing sounds simple).

EDIT: also re-reading, I find myself with severe distos. I must say I have no amp (hip) for a long time .... You would not perhaps that I bought a good one and I redo a test.