DigiTech GNX2
DigiTech GNX2
Lougarou Lougarou

«  Always there and always great! »

Published on 10/09/13 at 16:46
In this bike he already has everything a guitarist needs!
This machine emulates amps "legendary", it simulates the amplifier stage and the speakers (I do not know how ... but enough). An original function allows to "morph" between amp and speaker setup, crazy!
This is a pedal for selected 4 presets / patches and also has a control pedal / expression. The latter is configurable: one effect parameter as SPEED chorus can be assigned to him!

Oh, and then you can order the change via MIDI pacth this is good for different types of benefits. New (RP500/1000 or other ...) do not have MIDI connectors. I think even you can order parameters via MIDI I think.

The configuration is simple: we must re-read the manual. With some practice it then rolls but it is really not the kind of machine "fun", it nan ah!
In the manual, it is not only necessary, it must be preserved (attention. ...) and we must learn to read between the lines sometimes but hey, with a little time and perseverance, I am happened (lol)!

Editing sounds ultimately moult after re-reading the manual and a little practice, is quite easily. However, the publication of two channels RED / GREEN times, requires a re-reading the manual because there are small manipulation to know by heart and which are not obvious!

So here we touch the heart of the matter!
This machine is repulsive, it is not easy but sounds: ouy, ouy, ouy! It's heavy: the factory presets are not all usable but they provide a basis for customization and when you get to set your sound, I swear to you it is a pleasure to play!
The USER memory is not huge, I do not know how we use patch memoir that must be e ^ 4 * 8 in the bank I think or less, so really funny side to the latest machinery but hey, it is perhaps a decade that I have and that I play with and I have not been limited by the number of impact USER!
I do not know whether the amp simulations are faithful because, since I find I do not have to buy my amp! Seriously I 5150 I sold an old marshall lamp, an old Peavey 112 (memory) and others but I have sold!
I put the time but when I started to know how to correctly adjust the sound mixers and ben I have not reconnected my guitar on an amp ... sniff!
As I have a copy guitar CORT Les Paul tampered 2 DiMarzio PAF have replaced the original, Japanese Hamer with the original pickups, a Fender Tele MSM (market over which model) ...

I've had a (very) long time, probably since its release!
At the time I scoured all the stores in search of such a multi FX pedal, so it was of Roland, the Korgs etc ... I do not know what was good but the usual !
But even since then and until today, I regularly abandon testing of new pedals and I think the Digitech, in terms of sound even fine for me: I like the sound of Digitech (lol)! In terms of functionality, I am on my model because the latter have GNX2 TOO opportunities. I do not know if it is possible to exploit all. I re-discovered from time to time opportunities to mine, I can not imagine those new machines they released!
When I see the price at which it is sold today I think that the youngsters really are lucky this is crazy 100 € the thing! IF you are a beginner and you do not have many rounds DARK, no need to buy the latest RP500/1000, it is useless, buy secondhand already for even if you like the sound then you can buy one of these bikes with 1000iers of PRESETS, buy a GNX2 3 or 2000, for example you will not be disappointed.