Reason Studios Reason 3.0
Reason Studios Reason 3.0

Electronic Music Sequencer from Reason Studios belonging to the Reason series.

Nico53 Nico53
Published on 08/10/06 at 19:18
-The Installation is simple but a bit long, I finally we will not be blamed to the software that came with 2GB of mortals samples ...!

ADQUATION / PERFORMANCE

IBook G4 1Ghz, 640MB DDR, 80GB HDD.
The software works perfectly on this config. A little limit on RAM even when we quickly leveled resources. Moreover, to have test on other machines, the bar is much CPU resources used in terms of RAM memory that processor ... so I think I rachterai of RAM if I must evolve my config.
That said I use the software for live applications with this config and from the moment it manages its rack correctly, it is doing everything without cracking or latency (MAC, PC, because it You will need to buy a sound worthy of the name card ...)

NOTICE GLOBAL

I use it for 1 year.
I would like a MIDI output! !dropoff Window !dropoff Window It sucks to work several live with this software is the cross and the banner to synchronize all the lesser cot world.
The updates are too few frquentes.
Samples and patches provided are the domain of dlire! I have more than any desire to buy me digital piano I bought a good keyboard master and Reason was something really good. I am not speaking of the strings: solo violins are superb.
I will be more MODR for synths but hey, still has a software and it is already not bad. We arrive satisfactory rsultat with any sound in 4 mouse clicks.
And then the "big sound" (ha ha ...) everything is subjective, adpend of what we do and what we want, for me it suits me, sound. Well, reverbs are quite limited but is content ... and then to the live (or even recording for that matter) you can have a sound card with multiple outputs, cbler (virtually) a sending 'on the outputs and have a good rverb (PCM at Lexicon for example) and arsoud dfinitivement this concern with a small prmix.
Only big point ngatif, the compress an unfortunate tendency create a lightweight distortion: For a compress contained in a mastering rack has means when same.
The combinators: here is a great invention! (For people who regret this function to resource consumption reasons: group multiple samplers and treatments in a same rack to use some resources it is obliged to provide a little unpleasant. surprises especially when loading a patch combinator very heavy!! But hey, we do not make an omelette without breaking eggs).
The function remote with external controllers: royal!
Possibilities of practical time signatures (9/8 play with a metronome that plays 9/8 is rather good), both for the tempo 1000me bpm: practice to properly calibrate samples in measurement.
Regrettably even when the impossibility to automate the tempo is not always necessary but sometimes interesting.
Conclusion: for sounds is really not bad especially the internet offers free patches of good quality and then if you have not enough to invest in a couple of microphones and do your samples you even it's always better when we do everything from A Z for ergonomics is not bad but could do better ... (MIDI output, dammit!!!)