Version 7.5 of Orion (Windows) released
This major update introduces a new audio engine with improved stability and support for multicore processors, also many workflow enhancements and a reworked VST 2.4 implementation.
Furthermore, it is compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista now.
The update is free for all Orion Platinum 7 users. Orion PRO is discontinued with this 7.5 release and will not be updated further.
However the upgrade to Orion 7.5 will be available to all Orion PRO customers for a limited period of time and costs only $49 instead of the former price of $99.
- New engine with multiprocessor support and higher performance at low latencies, at any PPQ
- Auto-Tracking EQs to create high quality mixes more easily
- New effect: Platinum Limiter (modelled after 1176LN)
- New arpgeggiator with additional options
- New VU Meters with peak-hold option
- Last session can now be automatically restored (hold SHIFT on startup to bypass)
- Container Plugins (MultiFX, BandFX) can store presets now, containing other internal effects.
- Sustenuto and Soft Pedal support
- Full VST2.4 compatibility and major VST host upgrade
- Stream To File supports direct streaming into MP3 and OGG
- Ready for Windows Vista (run as administrator)
Viewers of this article also read...
- Peace Love Productions Electro Rock Peace Love Productions has teamed up with Burton L Music to make the Electro Rock loop collection which combines PLP's experience in electronic dance music with the power of rock.
- Prominy SC Electric Guitar Prominy recently released SC Electric Guitar, its Kontakt Player based electric guitar sound library instrument featuring the sound of a Fender Stratocaster.
- Scuzzphut Phatbeatz Scuzzphut has released Phatbeatz - a new drum machine plugin designed for quick working and easy kit and sample management.