Roland TD-9 Module
Roland TD-9 Module

Electronic Drum Module from Roland belonging to the TD series.

la.boulanderie la.boulanderie
Publié le 04/05/08 à 09:44
I possde the new Roland electronic drums, the TD-9 for several days. This is my electronic drum Premire even if it is many months that I tried regularly. The models I have always prfr Roland other brands, history of feeling. The TD-9 is a good compromise for me between the high end (TD-12 / TD-20) unaffordable to the report of my qualities and ambitions of drummers and low-end MODELS HD1 / TD3 and TD6 that I felt limited in sounds.
The special is the 50 kits INTERESTED module that offers a good range of sounds DIFFERENT (Acoustic, Jazz, brush, rock, funk ,...). It is not worth the virtual batteries (I shall return), but it is enjoyable and varied enough to not get bored. There are always idiots expensive mixes Kits Roland with voices and sounds weird but good has his kids can have fun for 5 minutes.
The possibility of revolutions of the machine are apprciables. It is a form to add a ride pedals V12 dclenchement triple (three sounds on the same cymbal instead of the two basic). The hi-hat can be replaced by a V11 MODEL for those who want to keep a subtle CONTRL semi open positions. Personally I play left foot as fairly open closed limit positions me well enough.
The snare loop is really enjoyable (as always with Roland). + Reduces the size that requires a traditional snare drum game + prcis but trainer. Those who will miss the skin may hit the circle. They then ride dclencheront whose volumes are slightly lev in basic kits but can be arranged.
As for the modules is tom PD8, a classic Roland. It's okay but not forcment trs sensual in terms of hits.

The installation of the drumkit is very easy. In just 30 minutes dballe silent install and play prt. The systems are easy to rglages, strong and effective.

Finally, the module is extremely simple to use. I barely opened the manual. This is great it is in English. Those who want the French version can be found on the website of Roland.
The selection of kits is easy. The rglage lments of the kit too. We can work on the stamps and the tuning of fts and cymbals. We can not intervene on the depth or the matrial of fts as the TD12 and 20.
We can register, but it is not a vritable sequencer.
There accompaniment program to allow for fun that are pretty cool. IDAL is to s'chauffer. Finally Scope function allows you to view if you play on time or cot. If you are not likely it's a good learning tool. In my case, it seems that I tend to play a lgre ahead of time.

The point ngatif me but it's the same in all models is the noise dsagrable plastic sticks on the pads. You have to play with headphones to the sound if it donf pnible. Neighbors prfreront the headphone but I'm sure you can not play the night forcment your spouse may prparer you faster than your suitcase Pipelines Limited.

Apart from a few small default inhrent MODEL mid-range, the ratio quality price is excellent. I will not go against the dbat electronic sound that does not really make sense. This is another concept used with another final.
For me, the goal is to use this drumkit on a sequencer to record the drum parts to keep a human impulse and the amliorer thanks to the possibilities of IT.
For this, the MIDI connections and rglages trs simple. You connect, you open the page assigned sounds. You hit the pad you want and you rgler assign the note you want. So the limitations of the module in terms of sounds are no longer a problem. You can bnficier of excellent drum sounds III or other software equivalents.
Through this kind of software you can get spares for output pad and Exceeds the limit of the two outputs Stereo Module.
But for those who are not IT sector, it Yadji what to do with the module itself. The cymbals are well rgls trs from the strike force and sound right away.