TC Electronic Konnekt Live
TC Electronic Konnekt Live
slyooney slyooney
Publié le 01/21/09 à 18:49
This is my first FW card.
I wanted something highly compatible mac / pc, not too expensive and that makes sense.
I did not want M-Audio, MOTU, Focusrite and other cards deemed semi pro but are poor either in hardware or the software.
I was going to purchase a Tascam FW1604 when I heard about the Studio Konnekt. After making inquiries, I said that before fall for something like the oversized SK48, it was better to make the teeth on a product roughly equivalent in quality conversion / preamp with less E / S.
So after a long detailed study of the various forums (especially English) I am a Konnekt live in your hands!

the config on which the card is connected is in my profile.

RAS if you have a clean computer
In my case I had just reinstall everything unfortunate result of manipulation ...

GETTING STARTED

The driver ... that's what scared me from reading the various problems encountered by users on various forums ...
Well except that the plugs fabrik are not yet fully usable mode plug in, nothing to say! drivers seem to be updated regularly. Remains to be seen over time but for now I'm satisfied.

<p class="bbcode-cite"> Quote: <span>- What you get lag?</span>
Latency of 256 samples at 44.1
<p class="bbcode-cite"> Quote: <span>- How many tracks you get to record / play time? ...</span>
I have no plans yet large enough to see the limits of the card (tested with acid project of 60 tracks filled with vst and nothing to report, it does not budge.

Most of the card:

- The sound ... how to say ... I had an Echo Layla 3G card before. I would not say it's day and night but it is clear that TC is very high with this card. Acute detailed, full and round bass, I discover things that I missed with my previous card.

- The driver, the user interface of the software involved - now ended - a ergonomics competition in the price range.
The driver is damn well thought out, works seamlessly in the background and is totally stable in its latest version (even BETA)

- The quality of integrated plugs, associated with the preamp, it has a pair of strips of quality TC.

For the price, it buries everything I've experienced so far then yes without hesitation, I would do this choice.

EDIT: after a few months of use, I confirm the advice given hot.
The plugs work very well in the latest beta.