Electro-Voice EVU Series
Electro-Voice launched its new EVU series of loudspeakers at InfoComm 2011.
EVU systems are designed to support and complement the other members of the EV-Innovation family (EVA true line array, EVF front-load, and EVH horn-load) when used for delay, under-balcony, front-fill, wall-mount, and distributed audio applications.
Four EVU systems are available:
- EVU-1062/95 (single 6.5-inch woofer)
- EVU-2062/95 (dual 6.5-inch woofer)
- EVU-1082/95 (single 8-inch woofer)
- EVU-2082/95 (dual 8-inch woofer)
The single-woofer EVU-1062/95 is designed to offer a compact enclosure (about 8 inches high and 14 inches wide), with a power of 160 W continuous and 92 dB 1 W/1 m, respectively.
The EVU-2062/95 dual-woofer system is wider (21 inches), with increased power handling (300 W) and sensitivity (94 dB) for a 5 dB increase in maximum output.
Slightly bigger (about 10 inches high and 16 inches wide) the single-woofer EVU-1082/95 offers twice the maximum output than its 6.5-inch counterpart (+3 dB). The dual-woofer EVU-2082/95 doubles the maximum output again.
For both the dual-woofer systems, one woofer is “shaded” (high-frequency response rolled off before the crossover frequency) in order to reduce the midrange interference of spaced woofers.
The four EVU systems employ an ICT-1-8 compression driver with a 1.3-inch titanium diaphragm, mounted on a six-inch-square, 90° x 50° rotatable waveguide. 18-dB-octave passive crossover/EQ networks are tuned for under-balcony/front-fill applications..
- 6.5- and 8-inch woofers
- Designed for delay, distributed, front-fill, under-balcony, and wall-mounted audio applications
- Asymmetrical enclosure shape provides a vertical aiming angle for both under-balcony and stage-lip applications
- 18-dB-octave passive crossover/EQ networks
- Rear-mounted input panel equipped with a four-pin Phoenix/Euroblock screw-terminal connector
- Input panel accepts optional EVU-TK60 60-W 70.7/100-V input transformer (taps at 60, 30, 15, and 7.5 W)
- Six M8 threaded suspension points and supplied U-bracket
- Rear mounting points accept OmniMount brackets
- Available in black or white
For more details, visit www.electrovoice.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Bosch LB3-PC Launched at InfoComm 2011, the new LB3-PC passive loudspeakers from Bosch feature weatherized molded ABS enclosures for mobile or fixed indoor or outdoor use.
- Crest Audio Nx Dante-8 NexSys Crest Audio announces the new Nx Dante-8 NexSys control module, which works in tandem with the new Crest Audio CKd Series of power amplifiers to support Crest NexSys 5 and Peavey MediaMatrix NWare audio software programs.
- Crest Audio CKd Series Crest Audio announces the CKd Series of multi-channel, networkable power amplifiers.