The Celestial Effects Cancer Wah the Fuzz? pedal features four individual effects packaged into one enclosure.
Each effect can be used individually of in conjunction with each other or other external pedals. It's like a pre-wired mini pedal board with a fixed signal path internally.
First in the signal path is a fixed wah section. This effect is like keeping your wah ON and not moving the rocker to actually control the tone of the signal. On the front panel, only the WAH TONE control is available but internally, by opening the bottom cover, there are trim pot adjustments for "Q", GAIN, INPUT IMPEDANCE and MIDS CUT. There is also a jumper block selection available to select one of four center frequencies for the WAH TONE control.
Next in the signal path is an analog octave fuzz based on the Octavia design. Controls are FUZZ, VOLUME and a switch to turn the octave feature ON and OFF. With the octave OFF, this fuzz is an alternative to a fuzz face type effect. It can go from mild to wild and cleans up when your guitar volume is rolled back.
The muscle fuzz section is next in line and started life based on a Ram's Head design but that changed. The tone section was re-vamped and also a clean gain stage was added after the tone section to compensate for the signal loss after it passes through the tone section. This is designed to allow you retain a Ram's Head throaty tone but according to the company it's not a "muff-led" as in previous models available. Controls are FUZZ, VOLUME and TONE and a switch to select Tone circuit.
Last in the chain is a real tube overdrive section. The tube is nestled in the effect cavity and accessible and changed out by removing the bottom cover. It will ship with a JJ Tesla 12AX7. 12AU7 or 12AT7 versions will work as well. To drive the tube, a stripped down, non-clipping version of the Taurus circuit is present with GAIN, VOLUME and EDGE controls. The tube runs of 9 VDC.
- True bypass switching via 3PDT footswitch
- Panasonic ECQ series capacitors
- CTS potentiometers
- Switchcraft input and output jacks
- C&K selector switchs
- 2oz. copper PC board circuit etch-line in the signal paths
- PC Board ground plane for stray noise reduction
- +9vdc (only) power jack (Boss type - center negative)
- WAH TONE Panel Adjustments for Fixed Wah
- Internal trimpot GAIN adj. (by removing bottom cover) for Fixed Wah
- Internal trimpot MIDS adj. (by removing bottom cover) for Fixed Wah
- Internal trimpot "Q" adj. (by removing bottom cover) for Fixed Wah
- Internal trimpot IMP adj. (by removing bottom cover) for Fixed Wah
- Internal 4 pos. center frequency jumper selection for Fixed Wah
- FUZZ & VOLUME Panel Adjustments for Octave Fuzz
- 2 Position switch for octave ON/OFF options for Octave Fuzz
- FUZZ, TONE & VOLUME Panel Adjustments for Muscle Fuzz
- 2 Position switch for tone stack options for Muscle Fuzz
- GAIN, EDGE & VOLUME Panel Adjustments for Tube O.D.
- Real 12AX7 type tube for Tube O.D. section
- Indicator LEDs
- Input impedance: 1 Meg Ohms
- Output impedance: 10K Ohms
- Current draw: Approximately 230 mA at full ON
- Dimm: 8.20"d x 5.00"w x 2.50"h (including switches and knobs)
- Weight: 23 oz.
For more information: www.celestialeffects.com
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.