[NAMM] Cakewalk unveils the new Sonar DAW
Sonar drops the X in 2015 and renews its Sonar DAW in three Artist, Professional and Platinum editions.
The new Sonar DAW revamps the graphic interface and adds new features, as usual, but the real novelty is the introduction of a membership program. Each edition ships with a 12-month subscription that will allow you to get updates, special audio content, video tutorials and more. Note that unlike the questionable Adobe membership system, everything you’ll get during the Cakewalk Membership period is yours for good, even if you decide to cancel your subscription.
What’s new in Sonar 2015 edition:
- Improved Skylight GUI with full control over the tool bars and Custom module to save your favorite features
- New stackable dynamics effect racks, new dynamics sends with unlimited sends
- Mix recall feature with A/B comparison of mix scenes, organization of your mixes in one project, save and recall any mix setting
- Improved MIDI edit with a new Pattern tool that copies/pastes content, improved graphic resolution with bigger note display, MIDI stretch, detailed velocity edition and more
- Improved Audiosnap with reworked detection algorithms and a new look
- Included XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2 virtual drums (Solo version in the Professional edition and Producer in Sonar Platinum)
- 16 virtual guitar and bass amps for multiple music styles
- Improved ProChannel with the new REmatrix Solo and Lush convolution reverb
- VocalSync, new vocal alignment tool
- Effect processors designed by Craig Anderton
- High resolution DSD audio format support
- Multiple MIDI VST3 input busses support for large plug-ins and sound libraries (VSL for instance)
- New Cakewalk Command Center where you’ll get all the updates (already announced: a Drum Replacer, QuickFX and an onscreen keyboard)
Pricing announced :
- Sonar Artist : $99 or $9.99 per month
- Sonar Professional : $199 or $19.99 per month
- Sonar Platinum : $499 or $49.99 per month
- Upgrade to Sonar Artist : $49 or $4.99 per month
- Upgrade to Sonar Professional starting from $99 or $9.99 per month
- Upgrade to Sonar Platinum à partir de $149 or $14.99 per month
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Akai on the steps of the Kontrol S Akai is replying to Native Instruments with a new series of controller keyboards with plug-in and DAW parameters integration.
- A free Ronroco sound library for Kontakt Samplephonics offers Kontakt 5 users a sound library featuring samples and loops and a 10-string Andean mandoline-like instrument, the Ronroco.
- Axoloti, a hybrid system to create your synth Belgium based Axoloti has launched on Indiegogo a crowdfunding campaign for its new software/hardware hybrid synth and effect project.