Magix Samplitude Music Studio 15
Magix Samplitude Music Studio 15

General Sequencer from Magix belonging to the Music Studio series.

Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 12/12/08 à 19:51
(Originally written by RajaSan/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
No installation problems either with XP or Vista.

No incompatibility with my Firebox and M-audio USB keyboard.

I spent only 5 minutes with the configuration panel so the overall configuration is quite easy.

The user's manual... I closed it almost as soon as I opened it and looked for answers elsewhere. I was lucky: a friend already used Samplitude (the normal version) and gave me some good tips.

The software works fine with my Pentium IV 3,2 GHz (single core). Sometimes I have display troubles and I have to restart the project but it's ok considering the price.

I'm very satisfied. I don't want a huge software program. With this one, my Firebox, my USB keyboard and a computer (even a small laptop), I have a small and easy mobile studio.

I tried out Music Maker 15 (and other Magix products) which was simpler, but you can't use any effects while recording. I bought Samplitude MS 15 because it allows me to use effects directly during a recording (reverb and more). And once the signal is recorded you can bypass the effect used during recording.

I connected a couple of mics and a guitar into my Firebox and it worked immediately.

Note for dummies, like me:

Before recording set each track you want to record in mono mode so that one track = one sound card input (a stereo track uses two inputs).

Once you recorded the track, you can edit each track after you separate them: right click on them and select object, ungroup objects.

I'm sure I could connect a bass to the 4th input of my sound card without having a single problem, and also use the SPDIF inputs (when I find out what exactly they are for).

I like to use the virtual synths (Vita and Revolta 2), it's fun and the sound is nice. I don't look for freeware synths anymore because these two are good enough for me. I will only keep my freeware VST soundfont player to keep and expand my sound bank (harmonica, accordion, church organ, violin, etc.).

Beatbox 2 seems to be great to edit your own drum kits step by step. The effects provided sound good. The other synths bundled with Samplitude MS15 are not so good and I don't use them.

Don't hesitate it! For the price, avoid Music Maker 15 and buy Samplitude MS15.