Steinberg Cubase Elements 6
Steinberg Cubase Elements 6

General Sequencer from Steinberg belonging to the Cubase Elements series.

Bob  Dentaface Bob Dentaface
Published on 06/10/13 at 02:15
Long and somewhat strenuous installation...but I had no problems.
I was disappointed by the preference setup (for example: It's impossible to assign Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to copy and paste)
The manual is clear enough.

I use it on a laptop PC (Dell, 1G RAM, Windows 7 64bits).
External RME Fireface UC soundcard.
The software works pretty smoothly, no latency, good support of insert effects (amplitube, melda,...)

I've been using it for a year and a half.
I have only used it in parallel with logicpro (on a Mac) and, to be honest, I prefer Logicpro! The latter clearly has a better usability and is more practical and...logical.
Setting up keyboard shortcuts is hard and even impossible on Cubase6E, it lacks an MP3 converter, the original VST effects are less effective than the ones on Logicpro.
However, it does the job you expect from it, recording is all right, the settings are precise and I can achieve what I want.
Overall, it is practical, it does what you ask of it and it does it well.
So, yes, I would've preferred to get Logicpro, but I would need to buy a Mac...