or
Create an account

or

Thread CUBASE SE, FOCUSRITE SAFFIRE PRO.. PLEASE HELP

• 5 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
Topic CUBASE SE, FOCUSRITE SAFFIRE PRO.. PLEASE HELP
I currently have Cubase SE and I'm about to start recording some music at home. Right now, I don't have an audio interface, but I'm thinking of buying something like the Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 i/o. I was told that Cubase SE can only record 4 live tracks at a time. I want to record drums, so I need about 8 mics and I want each mic to have it's own individual track so each sound is individually editable. So, does anyone know if SE can only record up to 4 tracks at a time, or can it do more? If not, can anyone recommend software that can do what I need? Also, does anyone know anything about the Focusrite Saffire Pro? If so, is it good, bad, anything I should know about it?

Thanks,
jimmah01
any ASIO interface works fine with cubase, saffire pro included.
Thanks, but I'd like to know if SE can do what I need it to do, because SX costs a great deal more and I don't exactly have that kind of money at hand, I'm getting a loan just for the interface, the software will end up costing about half as much. So if I could find out that SE does the job, then I'll be very, very happy.

Thanks again,
jimmah01
in my personal experience, the saffire pro is a good interface in terms of quality, but not that good in connections.

i kept loosing link between card and mac with no apparent reason, even after upgrading all that could be upgraded.

after that, i got a motu 2408 and never had a problem since.

I can't really tell you if it was my setup, or if the saffire was defective... but still this was my experience with it.

as for software, try cubase sx3.
Thanks very much. That helps :D

You said you've have experience with the Saffire Pro, do you have any idea if it works with Cubase? Currently I'm borrowing my friend's Steinberg MI2 Interface, and of course that works with Cubase, and in that case you just install the driver and install the interface into Cubase and then that's it, you go from there... Do you know if it will work the same way?

Thanks again
this should help:

http://www.revolutionaudio.ca/cubase_sx_sl_se_le_software_review_canada.html

cubase se allows up to 8 physical inputs.