or
Create an account

or

Thread Need Help With Combining Everything In My Studio...

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
Sujet de la discussion Need Help With Combining Everything In My Studio...
I have an Apple iMac G5, ProTools, MBox, Reason 3.0, and Yamaha Motif 7 (Not ES). I would like to be able to take my songs out of the Motif and on to the computer individual tracks, so that i am able to add more life to them (arrange) and put them on a cd. Please if some one can help me and let me know to what program should i run the keyboard thru Midi or what i have no clue on the settings neither so that i can also be able to use my keyboard with Reason i would just love to make music and all i can do is just make music on the keyboard and never be able to see it and move it around like i would be able to on the computer. Thank You for you're time on reading this and i hope some one out there can help me have wonderful day and good night..:D
I believe the Motif 7 is an internal synth keyboard, which means its not a MIDI controller. I've always just recorded straight to .wav fromt the keyboard's analog out. This works execpt that you can't later edit the .wav files like you can edit a MIDI sequence. I'm pretty sure you can run the MIDI out from the keyboard to the MBox, then run the MBox's MIDI out to the Motif. This would allow you to record the MIDI tracks of the motif while still using its onboard synthesizer.

I've never tried it, but thats what i hear