or
Create an account

or

Thread fl studio and microphone

• 6 replies
  • 6 participants
  • 0 follower
Sujet de la discussion fl studio and microphone
Hi. I seem to have an odd problem (first of many no doubt). I have fl studio, and after much gymnastics getting it to recognise a midi controller, I now want to try putting voice in to try out the vocoder. Nada!! It's only a headset microphone to be sure...in fact I have two of those...one with ordinary jack, one with USB. I can't for the life of me get these to register as inputs in FL. Anyone have a clue? The microphone works fine for internet chat etc. By the way, I know I need a better mic for these purpsoes, BUT, I don't want to shell out for a great mic then discover that tha darn computer can't tell it from a bagel! Help appreciated
Hey, sorry I don't know how to solve your problem but i noticed you said you got your midi device working with fl. I just posted wondering how to do this. What device do you have and how did you get fl to recognize it?
hi Kaws. I posted you a reply up there in yer own thread :)
hi
i read it something to do with choosing asio XXXX in the OPTIONS - AUDIO SETTINGS
but i have the same problem... im using sb live! drive 2 sound card and im trying to figure out how to use the mic.... if you find any clues... please let me know....
yaniv
Yeah, here's the thing - I also wanted to be able to use live audio from a microphone with the vocoder in FL, but as far as I can tell it's just not possible.
There's just no implementation for such a thing.
you couldn't send microphone audio as MIDI data as one problem, but there's no sort of plugin to take in audio from your microphone input jack and use that as an instrument track in FL, to be used for live vocoding.

There's two possibilties: 1.) Nobody had the insight to think of, or the capability to make, a plugin that let you use incomming audio as an instrument track.... if this is the case, then someone, please make this, it would be awesome! or 2.) Maybe live audio is just plain impossible with the way FL studio works, having to process things and all as it does.... MIDI gets away with being more 'live' in FL I suspect because it's electronically synched, but live audio might be more of a challange for FL to run properly so that is perhaps why there's no functionality for that.

But if anyone knows of a way to make this possible and prove me wrong - it'd be much appreciated, as FL studio's vocoder is very handy and i'd like to be able to use it live.

however, if you want to use the vocoder just in general, you can record audio, and import it as an audio clip or sample and set that track as one of the vocoder's channels. There's a tutorial somewhere in FL on setting it up if you poke around enough, and also a pre-made template too.
There is a way! But its not very great solution. I wanted to process my electric gutar sound from line in with Slayer 2 FX, live of course. If you open the FX Mixer you will see that there is nothing to select in the "IN" dropdown box. In hte help file it says it only supports ASIO input so I figure why dont I get ASIO driver. I google it out: http://www.asio4all.com/. Just install, go to FL->Options->Audio settings and choose you ASIO device. Now go to FX Mixer and select the option in the "IN" dropdown box. Use you mic or line in to input the sound to the master track and apply any effects to it. Only proble is the latency - about 1s on my computer.
Umm... After installing the ASIO plugin and selecting it in my Audio Settings in FL Studio, there's still no change in the Mixer... My only option for input is "(none)."

Any suggestions?