Create an account

or

Thread Reason 3.0 cubase 2.2 rewire problems

• 8 replies
  • 6 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Reason 3.0 cubase 2.2 rewire problems
Can any one help please,

I am trying to use Reason 3.0 rewired to Cubase 2.2 but when I open up Reason it does not recognise the Control Surface ( midi keyboard) I am using, although it does when I am using it as a stand alone program.I am using a Terratec Phase 88 sound card and the computer is a P4 with 1.5 Gigabyte of Ram so it should be powerful enough.

Dave 400
ok first you have to open cubase first
select new project and so on and add a midi track. now open reason you will get a couple of messages
come up ignore them just click on them
reason will now open go to devices in cubase click on rewire .
Heres an easy step-by-step tutorial on how to rewire cubase to reason.

ReWire Cubase & Reason

Hope this helps.

DoA
Hi Audix Dude

Thanks for taking the time out to reply, it is much apprerciated. I will certainly do as you say and have a search on the interenet for a virtual midi cable and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Dave 400
I am Having a Similar problem. I've followed these instructions, as posted, but when I start reason, it says my midi may be in use with another program and will not respond through reason. even after I rewire. I've read reinstalling Reason will solve this but I would hate to lose everything I've done in reason so far.

Any Suggestions.

Thanks,

Scott
you have to click on the track in cubase were it says ou and from the drop down list you will see the nn19 or what ever you have running in reason click on it and you should get sound
I have followed the recondmended instructions. I am having an issue getting the reason sounds to come up in cubase. when I press the keys on my midid controller I see it registering in cubase levels move and all of that but I can't get the music to come out of my monitors. When I use reason in standalone mode the sounds come out. Im sorry if this is a dumb question, I am brand new to this and I am just trying to get started off right. I am using a M-Audion King Ring 49 midi controller with a lexicon alpha external sound card hooked to 2 MS40 monitors

%1$s a écrit Hi although it is over a year since I first asked for help with this problem i still have not sorted it out yet. I had forgottem about it and had gone back to using my old DAW using an Audigy card where I had no problems rewiring Cubase with Reason (so please don't tell me the basics of Rewiring as I know how to do it)

However, I have just got myself a new computer and installed the Terratec Phase 88 plus Cubase and Reason and tried to rewire them and lo and behold I've still got the same old problem, in that Reason does not recognise the Phase 88 midi input channel because it is being used by Cubase when in Rewire mode. (as stand alones all the different sequencers work fine)

I believe the problem may arise from the soundcard set up but Im not sure and I have not found the manual that helpful, is there any one out there who can help me with this problem?

Here's hoping

Dave 400

It sounds like you need to install and setup a virtual midi cable.

The problem is that once Cubase has "captured" the use of the midi port on your sound card, that port is in use and cannot be accessed by anything else - first come first served principle.

By installing a virtual midi cable - it allows "access points" into the single physical midi port on your sound card by "virtually" assigning the outputs of the different software suites.

I had a similar problem on my system but with different software. Using Sonar and the Yamaha DS2416 mixer - I was not able to get the midi time code sent to the mixer and received the same error you get with Cubase/Reason. I installed the Marblesound Maple "virtual midi cable", setup Sonar to send the midi time code out on the "virtual" midi port as opposed to the physical midi port- and then set the mixer up to look for the midi time code on the same virtual midi port - problem solved.

I do not know if this will help with your problem as I I had a PC meltdown earlier and now cannot get Reason to run as a rewire device :-) - and was busy searching for posts on this problem when I came upon your post :-)

Hope this helps you.

BTW - I don't know what the URL is for the virtual midi cable - but do a search on google or yahoo and you should find it
Hi although it is over a year since I first asked for help with this problem i still have not sorted it out yet. I had forgottem about it and had gone back to using my old DAW using an Audigy card where I had no problems rewiring Cubase with Reason (so please don't tell me the basics of Rewiring as I know how to do it)

However, I have just got myself a new computer and installed the Terratec Phase 88 plus Cubase and Reason and tried to rewire them and lo and behold I've still got the same old problem, in that Reason does not recognise the Phase 88 midi input channel because it is being used by Cubase when in Rewire mode. (as stand alones all the different sequencers work fine)

I believe the problem may arise from the soundcard set up but Im not sure and I have not found the manual that helpful, is there any one out there who can help me with this problem?

Here's hoping

Dave 400