or
Create an account

or

Thread I Bought my first midi keyboard and i have problems PLEASE HELP

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 I Bought my first midi keyboard and i have problems PLEASE HELP
Ok so here goes i am a total newbie to all this studio stuff, i just bought a Evolution MK-245C and i connected it to the computer though USB and Programs like cubase and reason cant get a signal from it, but i have all the drivers installed. I have tried the usual stuff on reason (by going to prefrences and adding the keyboard and then pressing the keys which i does not detect) and cubase i cant find the keyboard in the inputs, so is my midi keyboard defective or am i doing something wrong!!! PLEASE HELP:(
A good place to check is to go to your Applications/Utilities folder (You've got a Mac right?!!), and open the Audio and MIDI Setup...
If your keyboard is USB and has MIDI ports, check to see that the board shows up in the MIDI section of this setup...
If not try to plug in a power supply as well - this will help insure there's enough power to get the unit to run...

Hope this helps....
Check this / and we'll go from there...
I use Cubase SX3 with a M-Audio midi keyboard. Just prior to smashing the whole thing up and throwing it out of the first floor window I discovered that if I plugged my keyboard in prior to booting Cubase then the whole thing worked fine.