or
Create an account

or

Thread Thinking of upgrading... Is ProTools so much better than Acid 6...

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Thinking of upgrading... Is ProTools so much better than Acid 6...
Background: I've got Vegas LE right now. I know how to use it, and it's been pretty good to me- BUT, the final recording quality is pretty crappy, and I'm not sure if that's because of my Processor (Pentium 4) or my soundcard (soundblaster) or because I have a light edition of Vegas Audio. Either way, I'm about to buy a new PC with a dual processor, and an heavy duty soundcard with multiple interfaces, etc.

The Question: I'm experienced with Vegas Pro LE. Acid Pro is just the new and improved Vegas Pro, with a built in sequencer and some other bells and whistles. I've heard other guys' stuff that was done on Vegas Pro and thier recordings sounded 100% proffessional (which was about 35% better sounding than my stuff).

Will I be selling myself short by just going with the latest sony software (Acid Pro 6) which is basically a direct upgrade of the software I have now?? Or should I just jump all the way in and get ProTools??? Keep in mind, the basic operation of Acid Pro is the same as it's always been, and I have a leg up by knowing the software's makeup. With ProTools, I'd be starting over from scratch.

Please, please help me. PLEASE!!! I'm about to spend a sizeable amount of money, and I am worried that I will not get what I need. Thanks.
nowadays software is all the same... maybe 10 years ago protools was king, ,but today they all do the same stuff so my advice is to go with the software you know best (in your case, Acid).
And don't get paranoid on the whole "software makes the difference" thing, i've heard cool edit mixes sound 10 times better than protools mixes and viceversa. :)