Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
ericthegreat ericthegreat

« very simple pedal »

Published on 12/20/11 at 21:38
The Boss GE 7 is a boost pedal, designed for use with electric guitar.  The pedal is an analog one, with 1/4 inch connections for both input and output.  The pedal is powered with 9 volts, and isn't rack mountable as it is a foot pedal.

The make up of the Boss GE 7 is just about as simple as it can get for any pedal.  All that there is is a knob for gain!  Simply set your level to get different types of boosting, and you're good to go.  That's all that there is to the pedal, period, so a manual definitely isn't needed at all.

As far as boost pedals go, the Boss GE 7 is one of the best that I've used.  I've used the pedal both for recording and live shows in tandem with a Fender Strat and a '76 Fender Twin Reverb, and find that this is the perfect boost that I need for beefing up my lead tones.  While there isn't much room for versatility, since this is a simple boost pedal I don't mind this all that much.  I find that I'm able to achieve the sound I'm looking for from this pedal with only the gain knob, and it's a sound that I've grown to love.  I often find that I use it for more of a subtle boost than anything else, but it works perfect for me in a lot of situations.

While not everyone needs or wants a booster, the Boss GE 7 needs to be checked out for anyone who does.  The pedal is very reasonably priced, making it accessible for players on all budgets.  It is perfect for players who want to switch back and forth between lead and rhythm tones quickly for live shows or otherwise.  For anyone who wants a very simple boost pedal that sounds great and won't cost much, the Boss GE 7 is the way to go.