< Tous les avis Tech 21 SansAmp GT2 (1st edition)
Tech 21 SansAmp GT2 (1st edition)
Tech 21 SansAmp GT2 (1st edition)

Guitar Amp Simulation Pedal from Tech 21 belonging to the SansAmp series

Morby Morby
Published on 10/19/13 at 08:40
100% analog preamp.

3 sets of switches with 3 positions:
- MIC, which simulates three different positions in front of the microphone amplifier
- MOD, three types of gains
- AMP, which simulates the Fender / Marshall / Mesa Boogie amps

Remains to adjust bass / treble / drive and adjust the output level

Steel case very solid, built to last ;)

A manual? What?? The use is very simple!

Personally I am a fan of his:
- Mesa Boogie Amp (California) with the gain to "clean" or "hi-gain" and drive at 10
- Fender Amp (tweed) with the gain on "clean" and pushing a little drive (midi/2h)
on the mic simulator, at home it remains stuck in the "off axis" position, that's how it sounds best with my Strat and my Fender Champ25 customized.

In bypass mode no complaints, no mod on the sound.

I put a rating of 8/10 because it is the emulation, if it should completely replace a head Rectifier 3000 € it's not. That said, in terms of grain and especially dynamic one is well above the digital emulators that I would wearing a 4 or 5/10, it sounds really authentic with the frying premium (provide noise reduction such NS -2 if you are fans of Hi-Gain).

I bought this pedal new in 1993. At the time I began to scratch, and I bought a Fender Champ25, which had a super clear sound but its saturated shit. The SansAmp has allowed me to have a great popping sound.
Later I had the opportunity to try different amps, but I've always treasured this pedal has always to be helpful.
In 2012 I started having problems with the jack sockets, I made repairs. After refurbishment, the repairman wanted me to buy it and gave me € 180, more expensive than the price I bought it in 93 (about € 150 there 20 years) ... it is a sign that never fails: D

Note that this model "first edition", taking external power supply is not in the format "standard Boss" but "mini-jack" format, which requires a small adapter if you have a 9v power supply in its pedalboard (found at Thomann for neuro QLQ).
In "9v battery" power is consolidated reasonable fashion, we fall not down juice after 2 hours, rather after 5/6h. especially need to unplug the input jack of the pedal ;)

A childhood friend who begin to scratch at the same time as I bought this pedal too. A few years later he sold his gear. Thereafter he returned to the guitar and was bitten finger no longer have.
I quote: "all the stuff that I bought a guitar amp and pedal, the GT-2 is the only thing I bitterly regret having sold."
As for me, no question of the sale!