< Tous les avis JJ / Tesla ECC83 S
JJ / Tesla ECC83 S
Ogmor Ogmor

«  Hear your sound opened! »

Published on 02/02/14 at 19:13
Recently installed (one month) on my Crate BV 120 to replace the groove tubes 12ax7R, I'm not disappointed with the trip!
While the origins lamps were rinsed, and the amp has a naturally aggressive that these lamps are not contrived, huge qualities of these JJ felt his, her rounder, more open, a gain not too tight, but well this thick, they are perfect for an amp too "bright". They do not turn a brilliant dark amp amp, but they just correct it takes they readjusted.
Some people recommend for amps that can not be softened, so I think these are lamps for use in a specific context like me if we met 4 of 4! But frankly, coupling with other lamps, it must have an interesting impact.
Finally, I must admit that even playing with the gain pushed to 7, there is breath, but not too much, nothing embarrassing live anyway.
In my personal case, it is therefore 4 of these mounted lamps with JJ 6L6 GC power, everything works very well, I have a friend who did the same thing on his triple mesa correct, and it is equally delighted!