Red Led

user offline
Red Led
135 posts
Site Admin

Contribution Score: 69,415

1 Posted on 07/22/2013 at 00:49:49Direct link to this post
The Top Guitar Amp Brands
Guitar (and guitar player!) apart, the amp is certainly the most decisive factor in the sound of a guitarist.

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!

gerasterion

user offline
gerasterion
1 post
New AFfiliate

2 Posted on 07/25/2013 at 07:04:34Direct link to this post

Psycom

user offline
Psycom
87 posts
Site Admin

Contribution Score: 1,755

3 Posted on 08/21/2013 at 02:27:23Direct link to this post

Hello Gerarsterion,

Randall was in the top 20 but the article is a top 10. Therefore there are a few other good brands that are not in the list.

stevegeetar

user offline
stevegeetar
2 posts
New AFfiliate

4 Posted on 05/10/2014 at 18:06:21Direct link to this post
If I had been asked to participate in the survey, I would have included my Rivera all tube combo amp. It does it all from clean, great overdrive, all the way to long-sustaining heavy distortion. It's heavier than expected, but extremely solid and reliable. A pro amp for all players!
SteveGeetar

TeleFunk

user offline
TeleFunk
25 posts
New AFfiliate

5 Posted on 06/06/2014 at 07:05:38Direct link to this post
Quote from stevegeetar:
If I had been asked to participate in the survey, I would have included my Rivera all tube combo amp. It does it all from clean, great overdrive, all the way to long-sustaining heavy distortion. It's heavier than expected, but extremely solid and reliable. A pro amp for all players!
SteveGeetar

I'm skeptical...i use different amps depending on clean, crunchy, all out brain-melting distortion, effects pedal compatibility, etc. Saying one amp does it all is like saying my boss me-50 replaces a true wah, reverb, tremolo etc

Mike Levine

user offline
Mike Levine
1063 posts
AFicionado

6 Posted on 06/06/2014 at 07:24:58Direct link to this post
I guess it depends on what your definition of "doing it all" is. If the Rivera handles everything SteveGeetar needs from an amp, then for him it's an accurate statement. We all have different needs from our amps, depending on the musical styles; sounds we use; whether we're gigging, recording or both; and so forth. What amps do you use?
Go back to top