Axess Electronics BS2 Buffer/Splitter
Axess Electronics BS2 Buffer/Splitter
wwhhhaatt wwhhhaatt

« must have for large boards »

Publié le 07/12/11 à 09:26
This is not an effect but rather a device that helps your signal stay intact while going through multiple cables and effects.

1/4 input and outputs including a main out, split out for running to a tuner, and isolated output for running a second amp.

9v DC jack for power with an additional through jack in case you run out of outputs on your power supply.

There is also an internal boost trim pot that I found very useful.

Set up is a breeze with this device and the manual explains everything in common terms. You get your one input and then send the main signal out through your other pedals, gear, etc before hitting your amp. The isolated output can be sent to a separate amp without going through your pedal chain and the split out allows a constant feed to a tuner without actually having the tuner interfere with your signal.

I use the BS-2 at the start of my signal chain before hitting a pedal train full of pedals. Even with all true bypass pedals you will run into problems with your signal being loaded down with all the cabling and what not. This ends up killing some of the punch and high end of your sound leaving you with a dulled version of what you should be experiencing. The BS2 solves this problem. I did a quick A/B test with a small true bypass looper and easily heard the difference between having the buffer and not. I even left the LED off of the looper so that I could make an unbiased observation and was right every time. I did this test with the boost at 0 and was extremely happy with the results. After that I did end up using a bit of the boost to see if I could ditch the EQ pedal I had been using for similar reasons. The boost works great giving just a bit more kick without changing the overall tonality of my signal.

This little device is great and has allowed me to remove my Eq pedal that I was using as a boost/buffer. If axess was still in business I would easily pay full retail for one of these.