MXR M148 Micro Chorus
MXR M148 Micro Chorus
grozeil grozeil

«  One of the best quality / price »

Published on 01/31/12 at 01:18
This is a chorus of all that is mundane, the "MXR mode" that allows a single potentiometer to vary the speed and intensity of the effect (well, for speed, I am sure, for the intensity, it seems, but it can be a simple effect "ear"). Finally, I understand.
The effect is mono, input and output, as a result, it may not suit everyone. For those with a single set is sufficient.

Yes, setup is simple: one in, one out, one knob, you should be fine.

So yes, the effect is terrible. It has a really vintage side I like a lot, not at all ether as most inevitably chorus referring to the 80. He, a very "earthy" and undeniably hot: was not this sound metal often found on the many chorus I had in my possession.
The stroke of the knob can go from a quiet chorus to something much faster, but we can not, in my opinion, to have a sound approximating a Leslie. For me, as for many others apparently, the ideal position is around 11:00. on the other hand, you should know that it is impossible to have a chorus sound really invasive and / or crazy, it's still fairly quiet overall and finally wise enough.

I used it for a little less than a year. If I had not come to dig up a chorus Retro Sonic, I would have still on my pedalboard. I especially like the side plug and play and the possibility to change the setting on the fly, with the tip of the foot. The fact that it is true bypass was also a decisive factor, because as it is an effect I little branch, I did not want it colored the sound too when he was disabled. And the canary yellow ... mhhhhhhhh, it looks like organic egg yolk, I love.
I had the opportunity to try it side by side with the flanger the same brand (two knobs so), and both effects are really the same family can have a very sound approach with the flanger, but with something extra, a little more substance and wealth with the flanger (which is really terrible too, and god knows I do not like this usually).
Among the negative points, it generates a bit of breath, but this defect disappeared when I redid my wiring, so I do not know if it is intrinsic to the pedal.
Really, it's a great effect, not too expensive, "Casablance" almost anywhere thanks to its small size and does the job well so beautiful, especially if you want to get out of the typical 80's chorus.